.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Chocolate chip cookie kick


Well it seems that I am on a kick for cookies.
I would like to think of myself as some what of a health nut but when it comes to sweets I just can't say no it seems. So I have been looking for recipes that are good for you and TASTE good as well.
Let me tell you that is not an easy find. I have gone through so many different recipes that claim to taste good and they never do.

Well let me tell you I finally found the one Chocolate Chip Cookie that is good for your and believe it or not it has that mmm good taste to it.

These cookies have Gluten free flour in them. The recipe I found called for almond flour but I could not find any around my town so I ended up using Gluten Free flour.
And to sweeten it I used Agave nectar.

So good the Children will not notice!

2 1/2 C. Blanched Almond Flour (I used Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour)
1/2 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt ( I used table salt)
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 C. Grape Seed Oil
1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
1/2 C. Agave nectar
1/2 C. dark chocolate 73%

1.Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl
2. Stir together wet ingredients in a smaller bowl
3. Mix wet ingredients into dry
4. Form 1/2 inch balls and press onto a parchment lined baking sheet
5. Bake at 350 for 7-10 min
6. Cool and serve
Makes 24 cookies

Enjoy a healthy you!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. What a yummy blog! :-)
    Thanks for stopping by. Come back and enter my fun contest 'If I was a Bird' too if you like.

    Steph
    www.diviacity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wbat a great kick to be on! There's nothing better than warm chocolate chip cookies.

    ...stopping by from SITS...

    Steph @ Stick It in the Fridge

    pleasestickitinthefridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look really yummy!! My kids love to bake but I don't like them to have so many sweets so I always try to make the recipes a little healthier by using part whole-wheat flour, ground flaxseed, oat bran, oats, etc. It makes me feel better about giving them sweets!!

    You know, I've heard agave nectar mentioned so many times as a sweetener but I've never tried it. I've seen it at TJ's so I may pick some up next time and give it a try!

    Thanks for sharing the recipe!!! And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!!!

    You're gonna think I'm silly but when I saw the title of your blog I thought you were referring to your uterus as your oven...you know, as in a mommy blog about your kids...from Jane's Oven. Okay, I'm just wierd....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely going to try these! I get my almond flour online. I like it b/c it has no starch, which has turned out to be my enemy. If I eat low/no starch and sugar, my weight stays stable.

    ReplyDelete